Job opening at Pinecrest Academy in Cumming, GA. Contact Michelle Lynch at (770) 654-9576.
Music Teacher Wanted
The Atlanta Jewish Academy seeks qualified candidates to fill the position of Music Teacher. The teacher will oversee and teach the Preschool-8 music program which is based on learning music through hands-on participation and in creating and performing both vocal and instrumental music. This is a full-time position beginning August 1, 2018.
Our ideal Jewish and Hebrew music teacher will:
- teach weekly classes for grades preschool- 8, including electives
- cultivate music literacy skills while introducing students to a variety of different instruments and genres of music
- have knowledge of and passion for Jewish music (including contemporary Hebrew music) and a strong Judaic studies background, including Jewish prayer, ritual and holidays
- be an experienced and compelling song leader.
- plan, prepare, and deliver meaningful classes around Hebrew and Jewish music
- work as part of a school-wide team that plans, facilitates holiday celebrations and other educational programming
- maintain and care for school music equipment and materials
- have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- be excited to grow professionally
- have a degree in Music, Education, Judaic Studies or a closely related field
- proficiency in spoken and/or written Hebrew a plus
- Orff Certification a plus
Please contact Diane Marks, Lower School Principal, at email@example.com for more information.
Email Julie Sherman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to add a job posting to this page.